A GIRL SHOULD BE TWO THINGS: CLASSY AND FABULOUS. Coco Chanel
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Snow and Swimsuits

I was so delighted to look out the window this morning and see the beautiful snow! I thought I heard Tim in the garage getting ready to leave so I quickly made it out there so we could share the magical moment. I threw open the door.

Me: Look at the snow!
Tim: It's like a winter wonderland!
Me: I know!
Tim: (chuckling)
Me: Are you mocking me?
Tim: Uh-huh.

Whatever. I quickly grabbed my camera and shuffled outside to take some pictures. I absolutely love how quiet it is when everything is blanketed with snow. Everything is bright and still. It takes me back to Colorado. Sigh.

Even though outside it looks like Summer is far, far away, I know that my afternoons by the pool are only about three months away. I have a few new things for fabulous and classy poolside lounging.

I bought a new cover up.


While it might look a little boring, I really like it. It has a cute keyhole opening with a little bow adorned with wooden beads.


The price was right, too. Not $40, but ...


99 cents at NBC's 99 cent sale!

I went to Goodwill the other night and found a tote for the pool that I absolutely love! You know how I need a tote bag for every occasion.


It was only $4.00! And it has a great lining that can handle sunscreen squirts and snow cone drips.


I love the faux woven look.


It's very Bottega Veneta-ish.


Yeah, yeah, I know that's quite a stretch, but I'd say my Goodwill tote is as close to Bottega Veneta one can get for $4.00. Have you ever felt Bottega Veneta leather? Put it on your To Do List. It's UNbelievable.

As I was photographing the tote in my backyard (Yes! That's the magical snow from today!) I rememberd a cute little envelope I bought at Ann Taylor Loft.


I was just drawn to these. Maybe because they're so shiny. I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it, but I knew I could use it for pictures, receipts, To Do Lists, coupons, etc. The price made it too good to pass up.


And it was an extra 50% off so $2.44!

This will be great to hold my pool card, driver's license and snow cone money and it matches the tote perfectly.

I even have some new sandals. I got these muted gold sandals at the Gap Outlet.


I was kind of disappointed when I saw that they weren't real leather, but that is actually better for summer. I won't worry about them getting wet. How much?


So I'm set with pool accessories, but what is the main thing you need for the pool? A good swimsuit. Luckily, I've snagged a few over the last year. ALL under $5.oo and all from NBC.

This is a good family or mixed company swimsuit.


At $3.00 it's almost disposable.

I usually don't wear swimsuits quite this busy, but for $1.00 I thought I'd give this next one a try (with my own black bikini bottom, of course).


This one is my least favorite, but it was only $3.00 and it's really well made.


This is going to be one of my guest swimsuits. So if Sister forgets her suit she's taken care of. :)

This one's my favorite.


If you've seen these in department stores you know they're well over $100, but I got this one for $3.00. Score!

The snow continues to fall and I love it! Look at the bushes lining our sidewalk!


While I wait for Summer I'm certainly going to enjoy this!

6 comments:

  1. Oh Holly, you are the cutest! I love your swimsuit pictures in the snow. Ha! What a creative girl you are! I love all of the swimsuits, but I think that the black & white one is my favorite, too. :)

    I can't believe all of the snow we got. It's crazy! Enjoy the "blizzard"! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly, I just discovered your blog from a link from Leah's blog. I love it!! Isn't it a great feeling getting stuff for a steal?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so excited to see not one, but two new blogs! I'm still learning from you... Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, Mom is Honey?? :) I LOVE the silver tote. And Sister will look good in that navy swimsuit. I am now wishing I had bought one of those envelopes for myself, too...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just wanted to say,I stumbled accross your blog and i love it.

    ReplyDelete