A GIRL SHOULD BE TWO THINGS: CLASSY AND FABULOUS. Coco Chanel
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

GO HORNS!

Saturday Tim and I got to go to the University of Texas game at Cowboys Stadium. Tim received the invitation through a contact at work. Let's just say that if we continue to go to games with these accommodations that I am going to become a sports fanatic.

This was the view from our seats (no zoom required)

And speaking of seats ...


Sweet suite seats, indeed. Where we could see the players right before they took the field.

Tim even got high fives from Shipley and McCoy (and some other names I didn't recognize so I can't remember now).

I shook hands with Bevo (the mascot).

The chips and dips were especially good.

The binoculars were great for people watching.

And I actually enjoyed my stadium restroom experience with the moisturizing coconut hand soap and cloth-like paper towels embossed with a silver Cowboys star.

Can't you see why my love for sports is growing?

As soon as it was confirmed that we had our tickets, parking pass, and that all our food and drinks were included I began to think about what to wear. (Or maybe I thought about that first, but anyway.) Burnt orange is not one of my favorite colors, nor is it particularly flattering on me. And what do people wear in end zone suites right next to the tunnel where the players come out? Crowns? Jerseys? I don't own either.

As I scanned my closet my eyes fell on a new shirt I bought several months ago at Goodwill.

It was brand new from Charlotte Russe with the tags still on it.

$16.99 isn't too bad for a cute top, but $4.99 is better!

I've never been in a Charlotte Russe. I had the impression that it was for tweens and teens and that the clothes were cheap. Maybe that's true and maybe it's not, but I do like the detailing on this shirt and it doesn't feel cheaply made at all.

I wore the top with a brown camisole from Old Navy that I picked up on the clearance rack for $2.99. Camisoles aren't that fun to buy, but they come in handy so often. I have white, cream, brown, black and navy. (And don't forget to replace them when they stretch out or begin to look worn. Nothing ruins an outfit like ill-fitting or worn out undergarments.)

I wore my newest pair of jeans. They're dark, Curvy Ann Taylor jeans that I got for $11 at NBC.

Ann Taylor's jeans are now $85 or $95 depending on the style! I'm sure this Curvy style is from last season. I like the clean lines and modern fit which is getting to be more and more difficult to find.


I don't want to wear Lee jeans up to my belly button and I don't want pink rhinestone crosses on my back pockets either.

I got to wear a new-ish necklace from Ann Taylor Loft.

This was only $4.88 on Final Sale. Most people like this necklace. Not my mom. I think of her every time I put this on because of her reaction when she saw me in this for the first time.

If you know my mom you know that she is very nice, very encouraging and never negative. But as her daughter I can easily tell when she really dislikes something. This was our conversation:

Mom: Is that a new necklace?
me: Yeah, I just got it yesterday.
Mom: Oh, where did you get it?
me: Ann Taylor Loft
Mom: Really? It doesn't look like their other jewelry.
me: [laughing] So I guess that means you don't like it.
Mom: Well, it's not my favorite.

"Not my favorite" is my mom's code for "awful." What's so bad about this little necklace?

Note: I write this all in love. My mom is a good friend. I just find her dislike for my necklace quite amusing.

So the total for the shirt, camisole, jeans and necklace came to $23.86. Pretty good!

Go Horns!

4 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE the post, HATE HATE HATE the horns!!!

    I want to meet your Mom... she sounds fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that Wade doesn't read this post - he'll be GREEN with envy! It sounds like y'all had a great time with awesome seats. :)

    I am not a fan of burnt orange either, but you sure wore it well! You are such a good little bargain hunter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picture...looks like a lot of fun. See y'all in 5 days!

    ReplyDelete