A GIRL SHOULD BE TWO THINGS: CLASSY AND FABULOUS. Coco Chanel
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

My Sister's Steals

I am lucky to have a sister and friend all rolled into one cute little package.


Oh, you probably want to see something more current.


My little sis, Ashley, is my favorite clothes shopping buddy. We like a lot of the same things, but we also understand each other's individual style. I can never have too many tote bags or polos, while she is more likely to sport skinny jeans and boho chic pieces. Ashley's also not afraid to tell it like it is. She gives honest feedback like "don't you already have two shirts that look just like that?" Or my favorite "that makes your butt look big". But she can also give the invaluable "you should get it" or "that is so cute."

Since we now live about 800 miles apart (sad) we only get to shop together a few times a year. (But we really make it count.) I missed Ashley SO MUCH over Thanksgiving and the days that followed. We talked over the phone about our shopping trips and I asked Ashley if she'd email me a quick recap of her shopping trip and some pics of her fabulous finds. She did! Ashley says:

I’m not one of those people that like to get up at 3:00am and wait in line out in the cold to see what deals I can score the morning after Thanksgiving. But this past Friday I slept in, had leftover apple pie for breakfast, and headed out the door to an outlet mall around 10 o’clock with a friend. The deals were still there! Both the Ann Taylor Factory Store and the Banana Republic Outlet were offering an additional 50% off of EVERYTHING in the store. As usual, I made a bee-line to the clearance section in the back of the stores. In the end I walked away having spent a total of $30.50 and saving $142.50! Here are my finds:

Ann Taylor white button down regularly $68 for $10

Ann Taylor skirt regularly $60 for $12.50

Banana Republic shirt regularly $45 for $8

Did she get some good deals or what?! I am especially loving the skirt. And the ruffles on the white shirt. And the detailing of the BR shirt. She'll rock it all.

I got a few deals after Thanksgiving, but since they're all gifts I can't blog about them ... yet. :)

1 comment:

  1. Nice work you two! The blog looks great Holly...I foresee some epic shopping over Christmas.

    ReplyDelete