A GIRL SHOULD BE TWO THINGS: CLASSY AND FABULOUS. Coco Chanel
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Well, maybe you can start getting used to this

Some friends of ours took us to a Mavericks game several months ago. They have tickets through his work and since Tim's in the same line of business they took us and we mixed business and pleasure. It was my first time at a Mavericks game and my first time in the American Airlines Center.

Um, let's just say this game is what sparked my love of sports. After being wanded and politely searched we went up multiple escalators to a magical place called the Platinum level. I didn't see one painted face or foam finger. We enjoyed a delicious and leisurely dinner at The Platinum Club where I had tomato basil soup, ceasar salad, fettuccini alfredo and various cheeses and fruits and Tim and I shared a humongous piece of s'mores cake. We probably only finished about a third of the mammoth slice. Oh how I was wishing for a doggie bag.

I don't even remember who the Mavericks played at that game, but I had a great time. The people watching and shoe and handbag spotting were enough entertainment for me. After the game I told Tim that I had a lot of fun and would like to do that again. He laughed and said I had been ruined. He informed me that we would not be doing that again unless our friends invited us again for a real work reason.

Well, fast forward to last week when they GAVE us 4 tickets, 2 Platinum parking passes and $120 in Platinum Club gift cards for us to use however we chose.

Tim and I invited our Dads to the game. My Dad loves all things sports. He likes to watch sports, read about sports, talk about sports, think about sports and, while I haven't asked him, I would guess that he dreams about sports. It was really fun to go the game with him. He and I went early and had dinner on the Platinum level. I'm glad we asked someone to take our picture before the game started.

(By the way, I'm crazy about my Dad. He's a wonderful man and I'm glad I get to be his daughter. And to think I used to ask him to drop me off behind the school sometimes and give instructions on what he could and could not say when my friends or boyfriends would come over. Oh boy.)

Tim and his Dad came a little into the second quarter. It was an exciting game with plenty to eat. (I had stashed an emergency US Weekly in my purse and I didn't have to break it out once.)

Ice cream

Bottomless popcorn

(Not pictured are the bottomless Cokes, the s'mores dippers and peanut butter cookie. Don't judge. We took the peanut butter cookie home to eat on Saturday ... morning.)

I wore one of my favorite winter tops to the game.

It's a fine gauge, wool sweater from Ann Taylor. It was $98 on sale for $29.99. I loooove all the folds in the neck.

And it goes great with my favorite winter scarf.

Let's not review the retail and sale price on this Burberry giant check scarf. It was full price and it was expensive. The real fabulous find here is this guy.

He said he wanted to buy me this scarf (that I'd admired for years) when he got an unexpected bonus at work. He was in a really stressful job at the time and said the bonus was really for me because he couldn't do the job without my support. Isn't that sweet? I think of that time in our lives almost every time I wear the scarf. (I'd better change the subject quickly before Tim decrees his sensitive side blog-banned.)

I think the price of my earrings help balance out the scarf. I got to wear the 99 cent gold earrings from NBC.

At the fourth quarter we couldn't eat any more, but we still had money on our gift cards. Earlier in the game I had asked my Dad, "Who is the fast, little guy?" Right then and there I decided J.J. Barea is my favorite Maverick.

I have to support my guy, right? I now own an official NBA licensed T-shirt.


Now, let's be honest. I won't be wearing this shirt out of the house unless I'm making a QT run for my Coke fix. But J.J., when I'm cleaning the bathrooms, I'll be thinking of you.

3 comments:

  1. I always knew Tim was SOFT!!!

    Hysterical that JJ will be cleaning bathrooms with you! I laughed out loud on that one!! Ha!

    Missed chatting with you yesterday... how does that ALWAYS happen?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew Tim was SOFT!

    I laughed out loud that you and JJ will be cleaning bathrooms together! Hysterical!

    Missed talking to you yesterday... how does that ALWAYS happen?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't think my first comment stuck because 50 screens popped up and I had to shut down... so now I look like your stalker with 3 comments to one blog. Just trying to promote these posts! I can't click fast enough when I see you have an update!!!

    ReplyDelete